The launch of 5G technology in Pakistan is now expected to be rolled out next year in July 2024.
Caretaker Federal Minister of Information Technology and Telecommunication, Dr. Umar Saif announced on Friday that the launch of 5G scheduled for July next year, with an auction offering 300 MHz spectrum.
While talking to the media, the minister said that Pakistan will increase its IT exports to the Middle East as three companies in Qatar have signed memorandums of understanding.
He further said that the government is trying to resolve 5G-related issues faced by telecom firms.
What is 5G?
5G, or fifth-generation cellular network technology, is the latest and most advanced mobile network standard. It offers significantly faster speeds, lower latency, and greater capacity compared to its predecessor, 4G LTE. Imagine downloading movies in seconds, streaming live video without buffering, and connecting to the internet with near-instantaneous responsiveness. That’s the promise of 5G.
How it can benefit Pakistan?
Pakistan’s adoption of 5G technology has the potential to unlock a range of benefits for individuals, businesses, and the economy as a whole. Here are some examples:
- Improved access to information and services: Faster internet speeds will make it easier for people to access online education, healthcare, government services, and entertainment.
- Enhanced business productivity: 5G will enable businesses to operate more efficiently by facilitating faster data transfer and real-time collaboration.
- Boosted innovation: The increased speed and reliability of 5G will support the development of new technologies and applications in areas such as the Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI), and virtual reality (VR).
- Job creation: The rollout of 5G infrastructure and services will create new jobs in various sectors, such as telecommunications, technology, and engineering.
- Increased economic growth: Overall, 5G expected to contribute significantly to Pakistan’s economic growth by driving innovation, efficiency, and productivity.